Converse handpicked at least 19 Miss Universe candidates to hand paint and customize Chucks sneakers for auction by the Positive Action Foundation.
The Miss Universe organization- supported foundation helps individuals living with HIV/AIDS and their families, particularly those who can’t find work because of their affliction.
Beauty pageant patrons and Chucks collectors from the public get a chance to own the personalized Chucks of participating candidates via a silent bid auction. Starting bid for all pairs is $50 USD (P2,500).
They can submit their bids, names and contact details through the information officer in the mall exhibit of the shoes or through a private message at the Converse Facebook page.
The candidates who participated include Ms. Angola – Luisa Baptista, Ms. Belgium – Stephanie Goldof, Ms. Belize – Rebecca Rath, Ms. Brazil – Raissa Santana, Ms. Bulgaria – Violina Ancheva, Ms. Cayman Islands – Monyque Brooks, Ms. Costa Rica – Carolina Duran, Ms. Germany – Johanna Acs, Ms. Guatemala – Virginia Argueta, Ms. Iceland – Hildur Maria, Ms. Mexico – Kristal Silva, Ms. Netherlands – Zoey Ivory, Ms. Nicaragua – Marina Jacoby, Ms. Panama – Keity Drenan, Ms. Paraguay – Andrea Melgarejo, Ms. Philippines – Maxine Medina, Ms. Russia – Yuliana Korolkova, Ms. Thailand – Chalita Suansane, and Ms. Uruguay – Magdalena Cohendent.
The personalized sneakers will be showcased in the following dates and venues:
- February 3-5: Robinsons Antipolo
- February 10-12: Robinsons Bulacan and Marquee Pampanga
- February 17-19: Robinsons Isabela and Robinsons Ilocos Norte
- February 24-26: Robinsons Tacloban and Robinsons Cebu
- March 3-5: Gaisano Mall of Davao City and Gaisano Mall of Digos
- March 10-12: Gaisano Mall of Tagum and Gaisano Mall of Toril
- March 17-19: Gaisano Mall of General Santos